ATHLETE or BUILDER or TEAM
Please carefully review the selection criteria below. Submit a letter with appropriate attachments and include the information as required. All nominations must be received on or before February 28th.
General Selection Criteria
- The nominee must be recognized as a Burlington Citizen as defined by the following: born in the City of Burlington; raised or spent their formative years in the City of Burlington; achieved their athletic prominence in the City of Burlington
- Current Members of the Burlington Awards Selection Committee; the Burlington Sports Hall of Fame Committee; and the Burlington Sport Alliance Board of Directors are not eligible.
- There will not necessarily be an Award winner in every category, every year.
- A maximum of five (5) Hall of Fame inductions will be made annually
- A nominee may be in more than one Hall of Fame
- An individual may be considered for induction in more than one category provided he/she meets the criteria.
- There is no age factor.
- There is no limit to the number of nominees each year.
- A nominee whose name is not put forward for induction will automatically be considered in the following three years. If not successful in this period of time they must be re-nominated.
- The Hall of Fame Committee reserves the right to reject nominations based on moral, criminal or ethical grounds.
- Candidate shall have demonstrated outstanding achievement as an athlete in their specific field, or displayed above average proficiency in a variety of sports over a period of time.
- Candidate shall have brought honour to and fostered pride in the City through their exceptional athletic achievements.
- An athlete can be considered for induction into the Hall of Fame THREE (3) years after retirement from competition. “Masters Competition” is not a limiting factor.
- Candidate will have consistently demonstrated outstanding commitment and leadership to athletics or sport as officials, executives, trainers, coaches, administrators, media, teachers or supporters over an extended period of time.
- Candidate shall have brought honour to and demonstrated pride in the City through his/her achievements.
- Represented a local club or sport organization within the City of Burlington
- Team achieved, at a minimum, National or International distinction
- Its achievement was of historical significance to the City of Burlington
- The Team shall have brought honour to and demonstrated pride in the City of Burlington
- The Team must be recognized as a Burlington Team and have the majority of members born in the City of Burlington or raised and/or spent their formative years in Burlington or achieved their athletic prominence training in the City.
Note: Include on a separate sheet, the names and contact information of ALL team members